WEEK 6 GENERAL AUTHORITIES

WEEK 6 GENERAL AUTHORITIES




Mon, Jul 2, 9:12 AM

This was another awesome week!

Monday we had Skype TRC, so we Skyped a sister from Taiwan, and taught her a lesson. It was pretty cool, even though it was a little hard to understand her. 

Then Tuesday, me and my companion studied outside of T3 to try and see some apostles. We saw a car waiting, so we knew someone was going to come out. So we waited a bit and then President Nelson came out with Elder Uchdorf! He walked right by us, and stopped and said it was a beautiful day, and then kept on walking. He was probably 10 feet from us. Then Elder Uchdorf came back and talked with us and shook our hands! It was sooooo cool!! Then we just kept waiting for more apostles. We saw President Oaks, but he just kept walking. Then after a bit, Elder Nattress came out! So I got up and talked to him and Sister Nattress. We got a picture and everything, it was super cool to see them! Then after that we had were going to lunch, and ran into our mission president again. So we talked to him a bit. While we were talking, I saw Elder Holland and Elder Renlund walk by us. So that was cool. Then we had an appointment for my companion. Then we had a devotional by President Mills that was super good about personal revelation. Then we ended up going to the ER for my companion. We were there for quite a while, and didn't get back to the MTC until 12. So that was exciting. Everything is all right though.

Then Wednesday we got new missionaries, and since we are Zone Leaders, we had to welcome them. Two of them are from Idaho, and they both knew the other elder from Idaho, so that's fun. 

Uh the rest of the week kind of blurs together. One day, I talked to Sister Martino and that was super cool. She was very interesting to talk to. We started teaching someone from Taiwan who is going to BYU right now. We don't know if he is a member or not. So that's fun. For the 4th of July on Wednesday, we will get to watch the stadium of fire from the MTC so that'll be good. We also will host this week, and we get our travel plans this week! So I will probably know if I get Visa waited, where I will get Visa waited too. So that's cool. Elder Chatman already has his travel plans, so that made me mad haha. I've been here for eternity seems like haha. But only a couple more weeks! Then I can go and preach the gospel!! 

Elder Farmer

This is my mission pres again, with me and my companion!







Travel Plans!!!


Mon, Jul 9, 9:26 AM

So this week was pretty neat. Monday we taught a lesson over Skype, so that was fun. Then Tuesday we had a devotional as usual. By Elder Dickson of the 70. Other than that, those days were pretty average days

Then Wednesday was the 4th of July! So that was fun. We had a religious freedom devotional and then watched the fireworks from one of the buildings. We watched the Stadium of Fire, so it was pretty cool! So we got to bed pretty late. Our teachers were a little annoyed, because we were pretty distracted all day, but oh well haha.

Then Thursday we hosted, and that was pretty fun. I had one kid from Pocatello going to Arizona, and as I dropped him off, he asked if he could take his suit coat off because it was pretty hot. I was thinking in my head that this kid is going to die in AZ haha.

Friday felt like a super long day because we were waiting for our flight plans the whole day. We kept getting emails from the MTC and thinking they were the flight plans only for them not to be haha. But we finally got them, and if we get our visas, we will leave at 6:15 on Monday. If not, then we will get visa reassignments. We didn't get them right then though, so we were a little disappointed haha. But then that night we had Christmas, and it was pretty awesome, the district below us did good. Then as we are talking about it, Elder Janish, looks at his missionary portal and yells I'm going to Orlando. So all the sudden we all get super excited and look at the portal to see our reassignments. I looked, and I'm going to Orlando with Elder Janish! So that was super exciting. Two of the other elders got reassigned to Ventura California, and Elder Pratt got reassigned to Seattle! So any family who know if they live in the Seattle mission?? Find Elder Pratt and say hi haha. So yeah that was super exciting!

Saturday was an average Saturday. I saw Jayden one last time and took a picture with him! He left today I believe. So that was fun. Then Sunday was just a normal Sunday with lots of super awesome talks and stuff! 

It was an awesome week over all! The 4th of July reminded me how grateful I am to live in the country with all our freedoms! And every day at the MTC, I am reminded of the truthfulness of this Church! I can't wait to go and spread the word!

Elder Farmer 

Pictures:
One of these is with Elder Chatman! 
One is with Jian Dixiong, our TRC investigator
Last one is with a couple elders that spoke mandarin, so we were pretty good friends with. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whole Quorum of the 12!!

One month mark!!

Alek leaving the MTC