Alek leaving the MTC

Alek leaving the MTC

Mon, Jul 16, 2018

7/15 Sunday: So I leave the MTC Monday at the crack of dawn and then our flight is 9:35 to Orlando Florida


7/18 Monday 3:01 pm our time:

Hey mom, This is Alek. This is your email I hope haha. Don't respond to this address haha 

Ok so we got to the airport, picked up our baggage and then the mission President came and picked us up. Now we are at the mission home. I assume we will be here for the night then start tomorrow

Love ya guys!

Pic:  Called to "Visa wait" in the Orlando Florida mission! 



Wow it’s been a while haha

Jul 23, 2018,


So this might be a kind of long email, it’s been a busy couple weeks haha. 

So back to the MTC, if I can remover that haha. I think the main thing was we had another visitor to our class, so that was super cool. His name was chaplain (colonel) Jeffery d Hawkins. He is over all the chaplains army apparently, so that was pretty cool. He was there with president Martino, so you already know he was important haha. So that was cool. Other then that, the rest of the week was packing, class, and meetings and saying bye haha. It was a little sad to say bye to people, but I was ready to leave the MTC haha. So then Monday morning, me and Elder Janish who was coming to Florida left. We flew to Orlando together and then met our mission president. We had dinner at their house and a little devotional, and then we went to a hotel to sleep for the night. 

The next day, we met our trainer and went to our area. My trainer is Elder Changchum, from Thailand and we are in the Avalon Area. Elder Janish is in an area right next to me, so we see each other about every other day, so that’s fun. We got ready, and then went out that day. I found out that my area has quite a few Chinese people, so that’s fun. So we go knocking on Chinese doors quite often and I get to practice a bit. Also we have an English class for the mandarin speakers, in addition to a gospel doctrine class in Chinese on Sunday. So a fair amount of mandarin in my area. 

The rest of the week, we usually go door knocking and then have some lessons some days. We are teaching a Chinese lady name Annie, so that is fun. We are also teaching some one named Nick, and he is super interesting. They are both on date to be baptized for August. So that’s awesome! This week we had dinner almost every day at a member, so I got to meet a lot of members in addition to just door knocking. We have some elders who live across the street, so that’s fun we get to see them a lot. 

Also with my visa, I think if I would have gotten it, I’d be leaving tomorrow, so I am pretty sure I will be here for a whole transfer. Which is fine, I like it here.

Yeah so also the weather here is confusing haha. Its always hot and I walk outside and am instantly covered in sweat haha. And then it’ll also start raining randomly and sometimes it will be pouring and then five feet away, it’ll be dry. Its very confusing haha. And I am riding a bike half the time and a mini van the other half. Every time I go into ac, I forget about outside haha. Some times I step outside and my glasses fog up. Its interesting that’s for sure. 

And that is a brief summary of my last couple weeks haha. 

Love Elder Farmer, 
范長老


I found this picture in my facebook haha and I had to send it, I forgot how long my hair was haha


This is the visitor at the MTC 
Below are just some random pictures. The first is me after 2 seconds in a storm haha. I was soaked. Then just some picture and the last one is a picture of me with the guy from ratatouille, some members were convicted I look like him. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whole Quorum of the 12!!

One month mark!!